2017 New Year Resolutions

1:28 AM


Well 2016 is finally over! I can honestly that 2016 wasn't one of my best years. 2016 was one of those years where I felt a little emotionally drained and deep down I felt as though I didn't progress much or get where I wanted to be.

I guess 2016 was more like a limbo year.

I sat down over the weekend and really thought about the year past and what I needed to do to feel better at the end of 2017. The biggest thing for me this year is going to be working hard to build my self confidence. I need to remember that I can't rely on anyone but myself to create my own happiness.

This year is going to be about self discovery and pushing myself to really live in the moment and explore more.

So here are my 10 New Year Goals:

1. Finish my 365 smoothie challenge. 
One thing I am not very good at is finishing things. I am always getting excited about new projects, challenges, hobbies etc but I can never finish them. I think I get bored quite easily and always jump around from one thing to another. This year I really want to complete a whole challenge from start to finish. I am currently on day 34 of my 365 day smoothie challenge and it is the longest I have stuck at something. I really think I can do this one.Don't forget that you can follow my daily smoothie adventures on instagram.

2.  Save $3,000.
During 2016 I attempted to save money for a trip to the UK. I managed to save $2,000 but then life got in the way and I had some major dental work that needed doing and all my savings got used up. I was extremely upset but there was nothing I could do at the time. 2017 is a time for new beginnings so I am starting again......This year my goal is $3,000 but if I can save more I will be extremely happy. 

3. Get all my health checks done. 
One thing I always forget every year is to get certain health checks done. I am always putting them off and years go by before I know it. This year I want to make sure I get my Pap Smear booked in and done and get the rest of my teeth fixed. I also want to go and have a general check up to see where I am at with all my nutrition levels etc. Being healthy and fit is going to be a very important part of my year.

4. Receive my Certificate III in Event Management.
About a month ago my application was accepted for a TAFE course in Events Management. I am currently attempting to plan for my future career path and this is my first big step. I want to make sure that by the end of the year I have this qualification in my hand! 
 
 

5. Read 12 books I have never read before. 
Every year I tell myself that I want to read more. For 2017 I have decided that I will pick 12 books and read one every month. This will also help me to find some time for myself to just sit back and unwind. Something I am always forgetting to do. 

6. Shop thrifty.
Time to get serious now. I am a shopaholic!
I spend way too much money buying silly things that I end up throwing away or never using. This really needs to stop if I want to save money and travel. One of my biggest shopping temptations is clothes. This year to help save more money I am going to try another little challenge and not purchase any brand new clothes. I have been to many op shops over the last year and it amazes me how much clothing just gets tossed away, a lot of it still with the tags attached. It is all such a waste. So if I do NEED any clothes this year the Op Shops are the first place I will be heading.


7. Become more minimalistic. 
Same as above! I need to stop living with so much clutter and just experience more of the world and not rely on 'stuff'. I will have a very big declutter session and start being more organised. 

8. Go camping. 
I tell myself every year that I want to camping and every year passes and it never happens. This year I am going to make it happen! 

9. Finish my arm tattoos. 
I have quite a few tattoos planned for myself but this year there is one in particular that I would like to get finished and that is the rest of my right arm. I need the top part of my arm done to complete my sleeve so I will make that happen at some stage this year. 

10. Learn to float in the water.  
My husband has been trying to push me into learning to swim. The water has always been a big fear of mine and I really want to overcome it but I think that the way I approach it might be wrong. I'm always telling myself at the start of the year that I am going to learn to swim. I go to the swimming centre and I practice for a little bit and then I panic. Eventually I go home telling myself that I will try again next week and it never happens because I am so ashamed of failing. This year I am going to tackle it with baby steps. Instead of telling myself that I am going to swim I am telling myself that I am going to just learn to float by the end of the year.

So there you have it. My ten goals for 2017. Some are easy, some are hard and some are damn scary but we will see what 2017 brings and what I can achieve with a little bit of pixie dust and belief in myself......

What are your New Years Resolutions or Goals??


Stay Happy & Healthy
Liane Xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Follow Clean F Word on Facebook

My Twitter