Clean F Word Challenge Day Four

4:54 PM

Guys it is basically official. I hate meat!

For my 30 day challenge I was going to go back to eating meat.....occasionally. Well I just can't stomach it anymore. It makes me feel blah for my tummy. I don't feel any benefits health wise. I don't have more energy eating it and in all honesty I kind of prefer the vegies now. YAY! Which is extra great because I couldn't stomach the meat emotionally either. It never bothered me when I was younger but now that I am older and have researched the methods used and cruelty to animals my heart just sinks and I feel like I have to stand up against it.

Today I made a chicken stir fry for the family for dinner. I thought what the hell I have made it i'll just eat it. I ate it but I felt crap afterwards. I was still hungry later anyway and the whole time I looked at my plate I just thought of the chicken and how the stir fry would have been better with some cabbage and extra broccoli.

Cabbage folks!

I have actually got to the point where I prefer cabbage over meat! My mother would be shocked that this once vegie hating individual who at the age of 16 had never eaten capsicum and never even heard of Kale would now be living off vegetables and ENJOYING it all.


My 30 day challenge is still continuing. Clean eating is what my challenge is all about. So apart from the meat the other guidelines still stand. 30 days no processed foods. Even when I was vegan it was hard to stay away from all the processed foods they are so readily available and when you have been eating meat all your life you seem to believe that every dish has to have some sort of meat type product on the plate. I don't know if other people feel this way but I know I certainly did so of course when I went vegan I was constantly putting mock meat on my plate. This is fine every now and then but I really do feel that real raw clean foods are the best and should be consumed more often than anything else.

Day 4 and I am slowly getting there. It is definitely a different experience for me but i'm really excited to see what the next few weeks bring.

Enough of me talking. Here is a list of what I ate today:

Breakfast: Oatmeal with Bananas and Berries
Morning Snack: French Earl Grey Tea
Lunch: Avocado & Feta on Grain Toast with Lime (I shouldn't have had the Feta but I was out with a friend for a catch up and this was the quite expensive vegetarian option.)
Dinner: Chicken & Veg Stir Fry
Late Night Snack: Toast with Marmalade

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Follow Clean F Word on Facebook

My Twitter