Inspiration

10:59 PM

A lot of people ask me where I get the inspiration to cook. I cook a lot because I love it and I love trying new things and experimenting but I do get a lot of my ideas from various sources. I wasn't always obsessed with food, in fact when I moved out of home at 18, I had zero idea on how to cook anything. My mother was a busy mum of 6 kids so our meals were always spaghetti bolognese with tinned pasta sauce or frozen foods so I didn't get a lot of cooking skills and I wasn't really that interested in learning anything. One thing I did learn to cook from my mother was a decent roast dinner but that was because it was one of my favourite dishes and I wasn't going to survive living on my own and not having roast dinner.

When I met my husband 8 years ago I decided that it was time to start cooking proper meals. I learned a few basics from him like how to perfect a steak and how to boil and poach eggs. We spent quite a lot of our time in the kitchen preparing meals together and I loved it so much that it became a thing. I started buying recipe books and watching Jamie Oliver on TV and we even started watching Masterchef together.

As the years went on I got more and more involved in food to the point where I started my own baking business which I ran from home and sold at local markets. Life got in the way with my business venture and I put it on hold but still loved being in the kitchen and learning new techniques. I recently started up again with my baking business but I don't put so much pressure on myself so that I can actually enjoy it this time without getting worked up about it all.


I started buying more and more recipe books and watching more and more tv shows and food eventually became an obsession. I was getting out to local markets and fell in love with trying new things and the atmosphere that food can create.I attend lots of foodie inspired events in Adelaide as well which keep me inspired.

The more I taught myself about food the more I got into the health benefits of certain foods. My husband was quite into fitness and cycling as well so I was always listening to him talk about vegan diets and paleo diets etc. It wasn't long before I started to become really interested in Youtubers like Niomi Smart, Naturally Stefanie, The Edgy Veg, Bonny Rebecca and so many more. These youtubers really introduced me to so many new ingredients to cook with and all about vegan foods.


Documentaries like Cowspiracy, Supersize Me, Earthlings and Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead really opened up my eyes to what I am putting in my mouth and taught me a lot about sustainability. For myself it has always been about a willingness to learn about saving the planet and also the enjoyment and socialness that food can create around you.Becoming healthy means an awful lot to me and I can see a lot more food creations and learning in my future. I would really love to do some nutrition courses and learning as much as I can so that I can teach others about the benefits of healthy eating. This is why I started this blog. This year I would really love to start my own veggie garden as well when the weather gets a bit nicer.

I never imagined that I would be so interested in something, especially cooking but the more I learn the more involved I get. I dream about food most days and I am so glad that I found a passion in food, a passion in something that not only brings joy to me but also joy to those around me.

If you ever find something that you are really passionate about, never let anything stop you from going for it. It is so worth it. You don't have to make money to be doing what you love. That is the biggest thing I have learned. Cooking and blogging are my hobbies and they make everyday of my life worth waking up for. Get inspiration from anywhere you can and just DO IT!!

Stay Happy & Healthy
Liane Xx 








 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Follow Clean F Word on Facebook

My Twitter