Vegan Leek & Mushroom Gnocchi

7:35 AM

Cooking from random ingredients has become a new fascination for me of late. Being able to just go shopping and grab a random selection of vegetables, fruit and basic vegan kitchen staples has been so much fun and also taken me out of my comfort zone, in a very good way. 


We all know that I love my meal plans but I am trying at least one - two dishes a week that are just made up using what ingredients I have lying around and creating my own recipes. This week I had two big pun nets of mushrooms in my fridge and leeks were on special at Coles! Leeks and mushrooms are a match made in heaven. Before I went vegan one of my favourite comfort foods was a delicious chicken, leek and mushroom pie. 

Now that I don't eat meat however, I thought I would use the same kind of concept but add some gnocchi, because hey! I had a a key of gnocchi as one of my staples this week. Gnocchi is always awesome to always have in your cupboard, same as brown rice and pastas, I don't eat it as much as rice and pasta but it's always good to have on hand when you feel like something different. 

What I created was so simple to make and so tasty I thought I would share it with you all today. I hope you enjoy it and if you would like to see more recipes on my blog let me know in the comments below. 

Vegan Leek and Mushroom Gnocchi
Serves 4




1 packet of your favourite gnocchi (or make your own) 
250gms mushrooms, sliced
1 leek, halved lengthways and sliced
1 Tbs plain flour
1/2 cup white wine
Can coconut cream
Heaped Tbsp Nuttelex (or any vegan butter brand)
2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
Salt & Pepper
1 cup frozen peas

1. Bring salted water to the boil in a medium saucepan. Slice mushrooms and leeks.

2. Meanwhile heat Nuttelex or vegan butter in a large frypan and add leek and mushrooms. Cook until veg has absorbed butter. 



3. Add plain flour to frypan and stir until combined. Add coconut cream, wine and mustard and bring to the boil. simmer for 10 minutes or until sauces thickens slightly. 

4. Add peas to veg mix and stir through.


5. Place gnocchi in saucepan of boiling water and cook until gnocchi rises to the surface (approx. 3 minutes) remove with slotted spoon and add to leek and mushroom mix. Stir through until all combined.  Add salt and pepper to taste and serve. 


This dish is fine served on its own or you could serve it with a side salad or garlic bread. 

Stay Happy and Healthy
Liane Xx 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Follow Clean F Word on Facebook

My Twitter