Australia Day - Vegan Style

2:19 AM

Who doesn't love a barbecue on Australia Day?? I know I couldn't think of anything better. In past years I have always just rushed to the shops to stock up on BBQ meat. The usual snags, rissoles, lamb chops, burgers etc etc and then I would begrudgingly get a salad to go with it just so that there was something other than meat on the table.

Of course this year was a whole different experience. Now that I am following a plant based diet I had to actually sit down and think hard before I rushed down to the shops for some BBQ goodies.

For Australia Day we were heading to a friend's place for a BBQ and pool party while listening to the Triple J Hottest 100 as we usually do. I knew that everyone was going to stock up on the meat and I wasn't planning on eating any of it so I came up with some vegan things to take along with me to share and let's just say that they were a huge hit with everyone!

I am a huge burger fan, so I whipped up a double batch of these awesome Spicy Chickpeas Burgers that I found on Pinterest! I make these guys all the time as they are amazing. Turns out they are even better on the BBQ.

 You can find the recipe by clicking on this link:
http://www.runningonrealfood.com/chickpea-veggie-burgers/

Here are the ones I made just before we flattened them to go on the BBQ! We had them in burger buns with spinach, rocket, biocheese (vegan), beetroot, tomato and vegan mayo. They were SO damn good.


I also took some bananas and water bottles so we could snack during the day and I took a vegan dip for crackers.

For a treat I made these Berry Coconut Bars which we cut into squares when we arrived. They have a muesli bar type base with a berry and coconut layer on top as well as fresh berries scattered all over.


So there you go, you can still enjoy yourself while eating the right foods. My body has never felt more amazing in my whole life and I don't feel like I am missing out on anything so far. I don't even crave meat and dairy like I thought I would.

What foods did you enjoy for Australia Day??

Stay Happy and Healthy
Liane Xx


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Follow Clean F Word on Facebook

My Twitter