Meal Prep Sunday - Overnight Muesli

5:31 AM

I love Sunday's! Especially when they are Sunny Springtime Sundays, and boy oh boy was today a Sunny Springtime Sunday. The sun was shining, the birds were singing and the blossoms on my peacharine tree look amazing! I'm so happy!



Of course being a Sunday it means meal prep time and because I have started a new job where I work 9 - 5 I have to take most of my lunches to work with me so this task has become a necessity. I love meal prepping. I know that sounds weird but it is quite therapeutic for me. Having Sunday's off work means I can just relax and meal prep with no stress or rush.

Today I made a roast pumpkin salad to take along to a dinner party I am attending tonight with friends and for the start of my week I made:

1 x batch of overnight muesli
1 x batch of curried eggs for some sandwich rolls
6 x boiled eggs for snacks or lunches
chopped some fruit salad for tomorrow
prepacked single portions of fruit and nut tubs
and made 2 x tubs of rice salad - one tuna and one chicken.

Today i thought I would share with you my recipe for Overnight Muesli. This recipe was inspired by Jool's Oliver and I just make my own combos.

Overnight Muesli Medley


1.5 cups rolled oats
large handful chopped nuts (I used cashews and almonds)
handful of chopped dried fruits (I used goji berries, cranberries and fresh medjool dates)
small handful of sunflower seeds (pepitas)
2 tbsp chia seeds
Almond Milk

Directions
Place all ingredients into a large bowl. Top with Almond Milk until covering all ingredients. Cover with plastic wrap and place in fridge overnight. In the morning you can serve in individual bowls heated or as is and top with your favourite toppings. I like to have mine on it's own but sometimes I top with a little greek yoghurt or chopped fresh fruit and honey or homemade granola. The choices are endless.

Another combination I use for overnight muesli is my Coconut and Apricot Muesli

1.5 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
handful chopped almonds
2 tbsp chia seeds
Coconut Milk

Let me know if you come up with other combos!

Stay Happy and Healthy
Liane Xx






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Follow Clean F Word on Facebook

My Twitter