Mango Banana Smoothie

4:53 AM

Today was one of those "blah" days. I think I have just worn myself out at work and because i'm sick I haven't been eating as best as I could be especially over the weekend. Which made me feel like crap. I was quite disappointed in myself for not pushing that little bit harder over the weekend. I was just so tired I just couldn't be bothered cooking and I slipped a bit. Just a couple days of not eating right and my week has just been blah!

This morning I pulled myself out of bed at 6am and I got back into the swing of things. I have joined the Michelle Bridges 12 Week Body Transformation online and that starts this Sunday so I have been spending my spare time preparing for that. Today we were given the meal plan and exercise plan so I spent time today working on that and putting everything in my diary. I am super excited. Obviously I didn't join up to lose weight but I am hoping that it will give me the drive to really focus on my exercise and get me fit and strong. Next year I would love to be able to run the City to Bay here in Adelaide so i'm hoping it will get me prepped for that as well.

Every week I sit down and work out a meal plan for my family and today was the day. I get lots of my recipes from things like Super Food Ideas magazines, Pinterest, cooking shows on tv and my own recipe collections. I love food shopping so much especially when you can fill your shopping trolley with so many lovely colours from the fruit and veg sections!I highly recommend meal plans because they make healthy eating so much cheaper and easier to organise and prep. Due to my blah week I am planning on stocking up with lots of healthy snacks and freezer meals so that if I do have any more tired days I will have better options than "ordering a pizza".

I left for work at 10.30am today so I was in the need of a nice healthy snack to take with me. I chose to throw together a quick smoothie that I could put in my special smoothie travel cup. I purchased my smoothie cup from TYPO and I freaking love it!!

 I thought I would share my recipe with you all so you can give it a go! It was super yummy and fresh.For all my smoothies I use my Breville Blender  which I think is a really cool little blender. It is also very affordable.

Mango Banana Smoothie
serves 2 

1 banana, sliced
5 - 6 strawberries, hulled
handful of frozen mango
2 tablespoons Greek Yoghurt
2 teaspoons Maca Powder
1 cup coconut water
3/4 cup almond milk
drizzle of honey

Directions:
Just place all ingredients in the blender and blend! It is as easy as that. You can change the measurements of the milk and water depending on how thick you want your smoothie.  


Oh how I love Bananas!  

 
 Stay Happy and Healthy
Liane Xx



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Follow Clean F Word on Facebook

My Twitter